RULES AND REGULATIONS
PRAIRIE VIEW CEMETERY ORIGIN
In the year 1860, a piece of land consisting of approximately 2 acres of the present Cemetery was given by Abial Walker to the Town of Lafayette to be used for cemetery purposes. This land has been so used, together with additional land acquired, until at the present time, it has been increased to 20 acres. The Cemetery was operated by the Town of Lafayette for 54 years. In 1914 the Township of Lafayette was divided into the Townships of Lafayette and Hallie, with the name of Lafayette Cemetery being retained until 1920, when the name was changed to Prairie View. The Cemetery now lies in the Village of Lake Hallie.
The Prairie View Cemetery Association was formed on December 31, 1945. For the mutual protection of every plot purchaser, the following rules and regulations have been adopted as the Rules and Regulations of the Prairie View Cemetery Association.
Revised May 2021